Before leaving for summer break, there are a few things you may want to do to prepare for next year and make your August return a little more smooth.
If you are a Seesaw user, complete the following steps to archive a class:
#1 - Have Families and/or Students Download Their Files
- From a computer using the Chrome or Firefox browser, sign into your FAMILY account at https://app.seesaw.me
- Click the PROFILE icon in the top, left corner:
- Click ACCOUNT SETTINGS:
- Scroll down and select DOWNLOAD JOURNAL ARCHIVES:
- Click the DOWNLOAD JOURNAL button:
- A zipped file will be downloaded that is organized by month and year. Read more here.
#2 - Archive Seesaw Classes
Seesaw does not recommend deleting classes or students. Read more here.
- While in Seesaw as a teacher, tap the PROFILE ICON in the top, left corner
- Tap the preferred class
- Tap the in the top right corner
- Tap CLASS SETTINGS
- Scroll down and tap ARCHIVE CLASS
- Tap to confirm
If you are a GOOGLE CLASSROOM user, complete the following steps to archive a class:
- While in the Google Classroom, click the
- Select ARCHIVE:
- Click ARCHIVE to confirm:
NOTE: The class files remain in Google Drive.
The class may be deleted once archived, however note the deletion is permanent.
STUDENTSStudents will have access to the 2018-2019 courses until May 23, 2019, 7:00pm. After that, the courses will be removed from student dashboards and they will have READ ONLY access.
TEACHERSTeachers will have access to make edits, score assignments, and make changes to grades in courses until May 23, 2019, 7:00pm. After that, teachers will have READ ONLY access. (NOTE: access to COPY or IMPORT that content will continue to be available.)
Those planning on working on a Canvas course over the summer can copy the course for summer revising.
If accessing the course past the end date, complete the following steps:
- While in CANVAS, click in the global navigation menu on the left
- View the course(s) under at the bottom of the page
Copying a Course
NOTE: The course can be imported into the district-rostered course the following fall session. Stay tuned for further information....